Connecting You With Top Rated ENT Treatment Hospitals
Connecting You With Top Rated ENT Treatment HospitalsHealth and Holidays
ENT is an abbreviation for ear, nose and throat. It also includes the related structures of the head and neck. Otorhinolaryngology is a branch of medicine which deals with medical conditions of our ENT. Doctors who specialize in this field are known as Otorhinolaryngologists. They can also be referred as otolaryngologists, ENT doctors, ENT surgeons, or head and neck surgeons. The assessment, diagnosis and treatment of all the diseases and disorders that affect our ear, neck, throat as well as the head, neck, sinuses and the voice box is comes under this discipline. If you have any related problem, then consult the best ENT specialist in India.
If you are unsure about the best ENT hospitals in India, then health and holidays will assist you in connecting with the finest one. The following list is a selection of problems that is solved by ENT specialists –
1. Airway problems – airway problems include airway obstruction which can range from mild to life threatening conditions.
2. Cancer – Thousand of people every year are diagnosed with head and neck cancer. An ENT specialist will prevent head and neck cancer to spread.
3. Chronic sinusitis – it is a condition in which there is inflammation and swelling of the nasal passages. There is also build up of mucus and possible difficulty breathing through the nose. It is caused by infection, the growth of polyps within the nose.
4. Cleft lip and cleft palate – it is the condition in which there is opening or splits in the roof of the mouth and lip. They can occur at one or both the side of the lip.
5. Deviated septum – septum is a wall which divides the nasal cavity into two parts. In case of deviated septum, it is drastically shifted away from the midline resulting is breathing difficulties and chronic sinusitis.
6. Voice disorders – voice disorders result in hoarseness, lower vocal pitch, vocal fatigue etc. And they are caused by many things such as injury to the vocal cords, viruses, cancer etc.
7. GERD – gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a medical condition in which stomach acid travel up to the esophagus which can lead to heartburn, chest pains and difficulty in swallowing.
8. Hearing loss – otolaryngologists specialize in the medical as well as surgical treatment of hearing loss, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise and cranial nerve disorders.
One of the most important components of ENT is a cochlear implant. It is a solution for people who are suffering with severe or profound hearing loss. It is a surgically implanted electronic device that does the job of damaged parts of the inner ears by providing sound signals to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing. They are tiny medical devices which are complex and work very differently from a hearing aid. A cochlear implant bypasses the normal hearing process. A sound processor is placed on the outside of the skin which contains microphone, electronic battery and a coil with the help of which signals are received.
Tags: Top ENT Hospitals in India, ENT Hospitals in India, Best ENT doctors in India, Medical Tourism in India, Health and Holidays.