Treating gastrointestinal problems with surgery in India
Treating gastrointestinal problems with surgery in IndiaHealth and Holidays
Before going ahead with the conditions and diseases of the gastrointestinal system, it is important to know a bit about this system too. In simple terms, it is known as the digestive system. The basic function of this system is to break down the food that we eat into energy and nutrients. This in turn keeps all our parts and organ active and we are able to do our daily work. There are different diseases which are suffered by the body. In many cases, there is need of surgery. Go ahead only with the best gastrointestinal surgery doctors in India.
Some of the common body parts which are dealt by best gastrointestinal surgery hospitals in India are –
· Salivary gland – they are responsible for producing saliva through the ducts. It not only lubricates the mouth but also protect the teeth with bacteria. Some of the common problems that might occur are salivary stones, salivary gland infection, cysts, tumors etc.
· Stomach – it is located in the upper abdomen and it secretes acid and enzymes which helps in digestion of food. Some of the conditions which affect our stomach are gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), dyspepsia, stomach ulcer, peptic ulcer etc.
· Small intestine – there should be no confusion about the name. It is about 20 feet long and an inch in diameter. The main function of this part is to absorb the nutrients which we get from food and drinks. Some of the conditions are stomach flu, small intestine cancer, celiac disease, carcinoid tumor, colitis etc.
· Rectum – it is the final segment of the digestive system. It is the last pit stop before the feces is taken out of the body. It temporary stocks the feces. Some of the diseases of rectum are hemorrhoids, anal cancer, herpes, warts etc.
Health and Holidays attracts patients from foreign countries and promotes medical tourism in India. Some of the common surgeries performed under this category are –
· Whipple procedure – it is a surgical procedure to treat tumors and other disorders of the pancreas, intestine and the bile duct. It is a complex surgery in which the head of the pancreas, initial part of the small intestine, gallbladder and the duct are removed. When these parts are removed from the body, the remaining parts are connected with each other to allow the normal digestion process. It is recommended to people who are suffering from pancreatic cancer, pancreatic cysts, ampullary cancer, bile duct cancer, small bowel cancer etc. It can either be done with the help of open surgery or laparoscopic one.
· Colectomy – gastrointestinal surgery hospitals in India impart this procedure to remove some or all the parts of the colon. It is known as hemicolectomy if the right or left portion is to be removed. It is done if you are suffering from uncontrollable colon bleeding, colon cancer, crohn’s disease etc. Just like Whipple procedure above, colectomy can be done in both ways – open surgery or laparocopically.
Tags: Best Gastrointestinal Surgery Doctor in India, Gastrointestinal Surgery hospitals in India, Best Gastrointestinal Surgery hospitals, Medical Tourism in India, Health and Holidays.