What diseases are diagnosed and treated by ENT hospitals
What diseases are diagnosed and treated by ENT hospitalsHealth and Holidays
ENT is an abbreviation for ears, nose and throat. Otorhinolaryngology is the branch of medicine which deals with the conditions of our ears, nose and throat. It also encompasses the problems of related structures of the head and neck. Specialists are given different names such as otorhinolaryngologists, otolaryngologists, ENT doctors, ENT surgeons, or head and neck surgeons. Critical diseases such as diagnosis and subsequent surgical treatment of cancers as well as benign tumors are also handled under this branch. You need to get in touch with Health and Holidays if you are looking for top ENT hospitals in India.
They will connect you with some of the best hospitals in Delhi as they are committed to promote best healthcare tourism in India. Some of the common diseases which are treated are –
· Allergic rhinitis – it is a condition in which there is inflammation in the nose causing itchy and watery eyes, sneezing etc. It occurs when the immune system overreacts to the allergens present in the air. There is congestion, loss of smell, runny nose and post nasal drip. Pollen is the most common allergen in seasonal allergic rhinitis.
· Chronic ear disease – It is a broad term which includes different problems such as a hole in the eardrum, thickening of the mucosal lining of the middle ear space, formation of cyst etc. It can be caused due to buildup of fluid in the middle ear which presses on the eardum and causes pain.
· Throat cancer – best ENT hospitals in Delhi deal with this Cancer of throat, mouth, sinuses and nose. There is uncontrolled growth of cells in the throat and starts as squamous cell carcinoma. Smoking is the biggest risk factor causing a sore or lump that doesn’t heal.
There are different treatment methods under this branch. Most common ones are explained below –
· Cochlear implant – it is an innovative hearing device which is a solution for people suffering from severe or profound hearing loss. Best ENT specialists in India surgically implant this device and it replicates the working of the damaged parts of the inner ear by providing sound signals. They are very tiny and hardly noticeable and work by bypassing the normal hearing process.
· Cleft lip repair – cleft lip is a split that happens in the upper lip or the roof the mouth (palate). It is a common birth defect associated with inherited condition. ENT treatment hospitals in India make incisions on both sides of the cleft and create flaps of tissue which are then stitched together. This repair method creates a more normal lip appearance.
· Throat cancer surgery – best ENT doctors in India impart surgery depending on the location and stage of the cancer. If it is confined to the surface of the throat, then endoscopy is the best suited method. For small tumors, a part of the voice box is removed known as laryngectomy. If the cancer has invaded the neck section, then surgery may be recommended to remove some or all of the lymph nodes.
Tags: Top ENT Hospitals in India, Best ENT Specialist in India, Best ENT doctors in India, Best Healthcare tourism in India, Health and Holidays.